Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

asus p5sd2-vm motherboard problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aksh_5k

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have asus p5sd2-vm motherboard in desktop. from past few days when i try to switch on my pc only the small green light on mother board lights but when i press power botten of cpu to start the pc, nothing happens no psu fan turns on, no hard disk turn on and also no fan on processor turn on. i have a new power supply and i didn't change any hardware. so whats the problem if motherboard is faulty then how to repair it. any suggestion pls help.

did you have basic knlowledge of motherboard circuit's?
i have asus p5sd2-vm motherboard in desktop. from past few days when i try to switch on my pc only the small green light on mother board lights but when i press power botten of cpu to start the pc, nothing happens no psu fan turns on, no hard disk turn on and also no fan on processor turn on. i have a new power supply and i didn't change any hardware. so whats the problem if motherboard is faulty then how to repair it. any suggestion pls help.

hello! iamkamalrandhawa
well i am an electronics engineer and i have some basic idea about the circuit. but i have never gone through very complex circuit that's why some help will be very useful.

First clean complete PC case with compressed air, to looks like new (motherboard, CPU heatsink, slots, graphics card, memory, PSU).

Remove memory clean pin contacts, specially clean memory slots. Then back and try.

Remove VGA clean pin contacts, clean vga slot. Then back and try.

Remove and try without data and PSU cables from HD,DVD and remove all other devices from PSU if present.

Remove and try without modem card, tv tuner if present.

I think tpetar gives you a very good way to solve your problem...................Keep it on Mr. Tpetar

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
the RAM slots may have slight errors in them remove and as t petar said clean and reinsert them also check if the SMPS of the pc is working

without complete idea it is better not to run your hands through mother board as it leads to complications

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks for your advice tpetar.
i will try to do it and let you know what happens.

well i have clean the motherboard, memory slot and the case but the problem is still there. i also search on the internet and found that any dying power supply may affect the capacitor. but by visually analyzing them all looks fine. i am not getting which capacitor is dead. since my first power supply is dead and i replaced with new one so it may be a problem. pls help.

post a picture of the internal circuitory one or two bright eyes will catch if there is one to catch in the capacitors

Status
Not open for further replies.