Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF decoder HT9170D is not detecting tones properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivakumar.r

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

In my project i use SIM900A gsm module and HT9170D dtmf decoder and Atmega64a controller.
DTMF decoder is not detecting the tones properly....some times it works and some times it does not work.
I use the same application circuit as given in datasheet page number 8,application circuit 2 .
Please help me.....

can any one give me the component values of DTMF decoder HT9170D for vdd of 3.2v....

recommended that you use a 5V VDD and if DTMF input from the speaker SIM900, you are advised to use difrential input circuit and capacitor values ​​between VDD and RT / GT changed to 85nF (to avoid detection sometimes)

I have experienced what you have experienced, the way to success

goodluck

recommended that you use a 5V VDD and if DTMF input from the speaker SIM900, you are advised to use difrential input circuit and capacitor values ​​between VDD and RT / GT changed to 85nF (to avoid detection sometimes)

I have experienced what you have experienced, the way to success

goodluck
Thanks for the feedback....
I will try this and update as soon as possible...
My controller (ATMEGA64A) is powered up by 3.2v supply.., as per your suggestion if i power up the DTMF decoder from 5v,then DTMF outputs D0 to D3 and DV signals will be 5v.
Can i give this 5V signal directly to the I/O of controller which is powered by 3.2V??..Will it not damage the controller I/O pins???...Or is there any a way to reduce this 5v to 3.2v??
please provide the circuit...
Also can any one give the C code for reading the DTMF tones...I suspect i might have made some mistake in software...

Last edited:

Thanks for the feedback....
I will try this and update as soon as possible...
My controller (ATMEGA64A) is powered up by 3.2v supply.., as per your suggestion if i power up the DTMF decoder from 5v,then DTMF outputs D0 to D3 and DV signals will be 5v.
Can i give this 5V signal directly to the I/O of controller which is powered by 3.2V??..Will it not damage the controller I/O pins???...Or is there any a way to reduce this 5v to 3.2v??
please provide the circuit...
Also can any one give the C code for reading the DTMF tones...I suspect i might have made some mistake in software...

actually uses 3.2V VDD can, because HT9170 uses power supply 2.5V- 5.5V,it is intended to adjust the VDD3.2V uController atmega

see the datasheet below

see page 7 (figure 2 (b)) and 9 (figure 5 (b))

*figure 2(b)
C= 10uF (nonpolar)
R1,R2= 56k
R3=68k R4=47k R5=150k

*figure 5(b)
C=68nF
R1=330k R2=100k D1=1N 4148

Attachments

• HT9170.PDF
    124.6 KB · Views: 90

Status
Not open for further replies.