Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help in making a 20Watt Audio Amplifier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpress_embedo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having LM386 and NE5532 IC with me...
And i have to make an audio amplifier with that, so that this amplifier can drive 20W Speaker without noise..

Yesterday i use TDA2005 ic to make a 20w audio amplifier the circuit diagram is given in its datasheet..

When i construct that i did not checked several times but still don't worked.

Don't know what to do now...
and also the IC becomes too hot even i had applied the heat sink...

Pls help me in constructing this 20W audio amplifier

hi,
if you consider making a ampifier with discrete components try the above scheme's :wink:

Attachments

• amp.bmp
    3.1 MB · Views: 72
  • Amplificator_de_60w_cu_2N3055.gif
    Amplificator_de_60w_cu_2N3055.gif
    32 KB · Views: 111

hi,
if you consider making a amplifier with discrete components try the above scheme's :wink:

It uses 50-60V supply i am not having that much supply....

Any alternative may help me...

...the IC becomes too hot
If it gets hot but there is no output it may be oscillating. Maybe there is a problem with the layout. The supply bypass capacitor and Zobel network are important. They must be close to the IC.

the circuit diagram is given in its datasheet..
There are many circuit diagrams in the datasheet. Which one did you use? What power supply did you use? Did you use a PCB, or how did you construct the circuit?

Hello arunsharma0731,

do you want to use a amplifier with using IC or with discrete transistors?

The problem of the TDA2005 is high open loop gain, so that it will start oscillation very quickly. To provide this, take care of the instructions of the datasheet.

What is the power consumption? If it is high without a input signal, you can see, that it is oscillating.

If you want, I'll look for an otheer circuit.

Regards

Rainer

I am having LM386 and NE5532 IC with me...
And i have to make an audio amplifier with that, so that this amplifier can drive 20W Speaker without noise..

Yesterday i use TDA2005 ic to make a 20w audio amplifier the circuit diagram is given in its datasheet..

When i construct that i did not checked several times but still don't worked.

Don't know what to do now...
and also the IC becomes too hot even i had applied the heat sink...

Pls help me in constructing this 20W audio amplifier

Arun,
Check your TDA2005 circuit once again. I have used this IC in the past and it worked fine. Check your power supply also.

- - - Updated - - -

Power Supply: You need 8 to 18 Volt 3.5 Amps per channel

Thanks for reply...

Here is my Circuit Diagram...

Audio.PNG

I had made two circuit for this, one is very bad means improper positioning of components and everything poor...

But the Strange thing is Working and having a constant noise in the backgroud...

But the one made properly is not even getting anything just noise...

I am using 12V 2A Supply...
:-(

What shall i do now.

Thanks for reply...

Here is my Circuit Diagram...

View attachment 78957

I had made two circuit for this, one is very bad means improper positioning of components and everything poor...

But the Strange thing is Working and having a constant noise in the backgroud...

But the one made properly is not even getting anything just noise...

:-(

What shall i do now.

20W TDA2005 stereo amplifier for all suitable applications like amplifying medium power speakers. It is suitable for car use but before, the power supply must be choked with at least 150mH and it must give up to approximately 6 to 7 amps during the upstream performance.

You should use a well designed quality transformer to get less noise. It will be another good way to use a sufficient battery to power the circuit. Keep the supply wires as short as possible. Input source should be isolated from the external noises too. It is recommended to use coaxial cable to connect the input audio.

Amplifier_TDA2005_schematic.jpg

see https://electronics-diy.com/electronic_schematic.php?id=994

Hello arunsharma0731,

I've look to my old handwriting notes, because I've often use this IC. This IC is very good, but it makes trouble with oscillating. The noise you hear is high frequency oscillating.

Important is the grounding. Take care, that all grounding points are very close to PIN 6. The best will be a "Stargrounding" started at Pin 6. Also put an additional capacitor of 220µF to PIN 9 and ground.

Take care that input connector is far away as possible from the output connectors.

If you have more trouble with noise put a choke between the speaker lines. My choke where 40 windings of enameled copper wire with 0,35mm diameter wind on a resistor of 22Ω.

A little bit more power will be better, but for normal use its ok.

Regards

Rainer

hello, I had many noise issues on sever different amplifiers, but they gone with some tricks.
you can choke the dc 12v, using the secondary winding of a 220 to 12v transformer, you can use an emi filter of the ac mains.
poor grounding practices are most important, if you connect the ground to the nearest ground is not good.
as rfedel said, use starground.
twist the supply cables together.

for my preamplifier, to eliminate noise, i used a voltage regulator with improved ripple rejection, an lm317 (wich is low for your amplifier) with constant 12v out but 20 to 30v input.
that eliminated most hum.

your power supply is switch mode?

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.