Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in Learning 16-bit and 32-bit micro-controller and a development board???

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpress_embedo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello!! everyone i am from india....

I am using PIC16F and PIC18F series from last 1.5 years and now want to move myself to a next level to learn 16-bit and 32-bit controllers.

The biggest problem i am facing is that i am not able to find a good development board for 16-bit and 32-bit in India at Reasonable Prices like i found for PIC18F and PIC16F??

So anyone can tell me a cheap 16-bit and 32-bit small quick start board available in india...
although i am having contacts with some companies that can give me board for ARM7 but i am not having any idea related to ARM7

So i want to know what to do??
I want to learn the 16-bit and 32-bit controller for my future growth but don't know where i can start with :-(

Can anyone provide me the link from where i can purchase quick start board for 16-bit and 32-bit pic micro-controller and also whether i have to move to ARM or stay on PIC..

hi,
try to build a simple development board with PIC18f4455 , it's fun :smile:
It uses usb to: program/comunicate/power supply. To put the board in boot loader mode you press reset and b1 for a few seconds, the alternating leds show this state.

Attachments

• placa de dezvoltare - v1.rar
    830.5 KB · Views: 109

Microchip's microstick dev kits are good and low cost if they are available
**broken link removed**

they have on board programmers and a header to plug into a breadboard

Hi,

First stop is Microchip Direct to see what they do - like the look of the Pic32 Starter Kit - three in that range to choose from.

https://www.microchipdirect.com/ProductDetails.aspx?Catalog=BuyMicrochip&Category=Starter%20Kits&mid=13&treeid=6

**broken link removed**

Seems Farnells /Element14 India have some of those Pic32 Starter kits in stock.

There are quiet a few Pic32 boards on Ebay, though most need a separate programmer, the Microchip Pic32 boards have an inbuilt programmer/debugger chip .

Alternatively assuming you have a good pic18F dev board and programmer, there are several dip Pic32 chips that may just plug in or need a simple header board. ( you need to check what pic 16/32 devices your programmer will do, unless its a Pk3/ICD3 )

hi,
It uses usb to: program/comunicate/power supply. To put the board in boot loader mode you press reset and b1 for a few seconds, the alternating leds show this state.

Thanks for your reply....
I am having PIC18F4550 board, and i had used usb cdc and hid class successfully...

Used boot-loader to0, so i think i am having a good knowledge of 8-bit series... thats why want to 16-bit series..

- - - Updated - - -

hi,

Thanks for your reply....
I am having PIC18F4550 board, and i had used usb cdc and hid class successfully...

Used boot-loader to0, so i think i am having a good knowledge of 8-bit series... thats why want to 16-bit series..

- - - Updated - - -

Microchip's microstick dev kits are good and low cost if they are available
**broken link removed**

they have on board programmers and a header to plug into a breadboard

Thanks for your reply...

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

First stop is Microchip Direct to see what they do - like the look of the Pic32 Starter Kit - three in that range to choose from.

https://www.microchipdirect.com/ProductDetails.aspx?Catalog=BuyMicrochip&Category=Starter%20Kits&mid=13&treeid=6

**broken link removed**

Seems Farnells /Element14 India have some of those Pic32 Starter kits in stock.

There are quiet a few Pic32 boards on Ebay, though most need a separate programmer, the Microchip Pic32 boards have an inbuilt programmer/debugger chip .

Alternatively assuming you have a good pic18F dev board and programmer, there are several dip Pic32 chips that may just plug in or need a simple header board. ( you need to check what pic 16/32 devices your programmer will do, unless its a Pk3/ICD3 )

Thanks for your help...
I will search on Element14 India (Cost are too high that's why i never prefer them).

Anyways i have to do so...

Status
Not open for further replies.