Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

toshiba satellite K17 does not recognize new TSST DVD RW TS-L632H

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidNelly

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi colleagues,
My laptop toshiba Satellite K17 does not recognize new DVD RW drive ( TSST TS-L632H ).
Its old drive was recognize and could not read and write. So I tried to replace that new one.
Please suggest me.
Thanks in advance.

David

Thank you for your response. Can you tell me how to get compatibility and BIOS version ?
Thanks in advance.
regards,
David

You did not give enough information, my friend.Do you use OEM Windows? New CDROM and old CDROM have same connector and interface? Toshiba cannot recognize your CDROM ? What do you mean by that?
Which level ? BIOS? Windows? If its Windows level ... than you should integrate CDROM drivers to Windows ISO file.... if its BIOS level ... some BIOS only support devices from "white list" ... than you need edit your BIOS firmware and reload it again.

Compatibility parts list from manufacturer, or you can just ask them via email support. Check for BIOS version informations, if there is newer you can update BIOS.

I'm sorry for my incomplete information.
In BIOS, I could not find ide dvd rom ( even the old one also) setup information. I could see hard drive information only. But when windows is ready, I can see dvd rom ( old one ) in windows explorer and also I can read some good discs. That time, I took off the old one and insert new one without shutdown the windows. Then windows detect new one and I can see in windows explorer and also I can read and write. After I restart the windows again, I can not see the new drive in windows explorer. ( my dvd rom is IDE )
Please suggest me.
Thanks in advance.
David

You can search **broken link removed** for BIOS mods.

Lets try this with new DVD :

1. Click "Start" and "Settings." Click "Control Panel" and "System." The "System Properties" box opens. Click "Hardware" and "Device Manager." All the hardware and components installed are listed in Device Manager. The top name is the computer name, followed by "Batteries," "Computer," "Disk Drives," "Display Adapters" and "DVD-ROM" devices. The name of your specific optical drive may appear differently (DVD-CD ROM or DVD-RW).

2. Click the plus symbol next to the DVD-ROM drives to expand the list. The name of your DVD-ROM drive should appear in this section. Right-click the device name and click "Properties" at the bottom of the list of options. The "General" tab displays a "Device Status" box. Inside the box it should state that the device is working properly. If there is no device present, you cannot right-click the name. If the DVD-ROM does not appear in the "Device Manager," you must reinstall it.

3. Exit the "Device Manager" but stay in "Control Panel" and double-click "Add Hardware". This launches the "Add New Hardware Wizard," in which the computer assesses any hardware changes or additions. It may recognize your DVD-ROM and ask you to install the driver.

4. Uninstall your DVD software. From time to time, people install more than one software program to read or write to their CDs and DVD-ROMs. In this case, it may have caused a software conflict, so by uninstalling the software and restarting the computer you may be able to undo the damage. Reinstall only one suitable program and recheck the "Device Manager" when you restart the computer.

5. Download the most up-to-date firmware for your DVD-ROM. To do this you need to know the exact make and model number, but if it is not showing up in your "Device Manager," look at the actual label on the device to get the name. You may get it from the product manual specifications for your laptop. Download and install the firmware and restart the laptop.

6. Shut down your laptop and restart it in safe mode (usually by pressing "F8" on the boot screen, but this varies between computer makers). Open the "Control Panel" and "Device Manager" and locate your DVD-ROM drives to see if your DVD-ROM appears in safe mode. By removing all DVD-ROM writer programs, the conflicts are halted. The DVD-ROM now appears on the Device Manager in safe mode.

Windows XP Won't Recognize My DVD Drives
https://www.ehow.com/how_6854277_windows-won_t-recognize-dvd-drives.html

How to Repair a Laptop's DVD Drive
https://www.ehow.com/how_6931813_repair-laptop_s-dvd-drive.html

How to Replace a DVD in a Laptop
https://www.ehow.com/how_6812877_replace-dvd-laptop.html

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor