Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[DFT ATPG] how to generate compact pattern sets with don't care bits in TetraMAX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAPLE LEAF

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I want to generate test patterns with lots of don't care bits in the TetraMAX. is that possible? how to do that?

plz help me!

thank you.

ATPG generates the pattern for particular fault model.So it totally depends on the fault which can be detected.So as per my opinion,Not possible to generate test patterns with lots of dont cares.

Fault model? Stuck-at faults are targeted.

If u targeted the stuck at fault model thn Tetramax generates the pattern w.r.t Stuck at faults.So pattern generation is totally depends on fault models so we can not generate test patterns with lots of don't care.

Thank you for your reply. I thought don't care bits are specified for pattern compression. Most commercial tools would do the pattern compression automatically to ensure a min pattern set, I don't quite sure whether TetraMAX allow users to generate a less compact pattern set.

ATPG tool find the pattern for targeted faults thn from one pattern how much fault coverage is achieved and thereafter TetraMAX find the pattern for remaining faults for specific fault model...so TetraMAX automatically try to find maximum faults with use of minimum pattern counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back