Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PFC boost controller ic...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.manikandan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,
I am designing pfc front end converter for battery charger application. I have designed and selected power devices for our application. now i am in selection PFC controller .
Power level = 4 kW
output voltage = 400 Vdc
output current = 10 A
input voltage = 160 -265 Vac input

controller requirement = above 90 % duty cycle
mode : average current control mode,CCM
frequency = 30kHz

I have decided to choose UC3854A ti make PFC controller for my application ....Is that controller is good.... and shall i proceed my controller section design for my application. or can you say part number which you are proposing to use......?
PHP:
ANY FEEDBACK or SUGGESTIONS ....................

TI's unitrode ICs (like the one you posted) are generally good. In the past I used a UCC28070 to make a couple 20KW variable supplies, and it worked very well. It's similar to the UC3854, but has two interleaved phases, discrete kvff power limiting (lower line distortion), frequency dithering, and a couple other neat features thrown in (most of which I didn't use though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back