Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calculation of INL and DNL

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.jafari

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I designed a cyclic ADC and at this time I want to calculate INL and DNL parameters with Hspice software so does anybody can help me?
I download a file about this subject from this site but I can't understand that what should I do in Hspice software?( I talk about what should I do in Hspice software and then uses these datas in matlab software )
Best wishes
A.Jafari

I am no expert on this topic, but I can give it a try.

You can connect the output of your ADC to a ideal DAC (Verilog-A model or similar). You can then extract the simulation waveform of the DAC output and calculate INL and DNL.

I personally prefer to write Verilog-A models for both DAC and an INL/DNL evaluator which prints the INL/DNL data to a file.

-Yarr

Hi, Hspice software has a2d function, you may find out the syntax by google.a program example as:

vref VREFA2D 0 DC 0.0V
um1 m1 VREFA2D a2d signame=1
ul1 l1 VREFA2D a2d signame=2

"um1" and "m1" mean signals from your ADC module.

an a2d file would be generated if simulation is performed. the format of the file like:

101 1:3 1:17
201 1:4 1:7 1:8 1:9 1:11 1:12 1:14

the data can be handled and used in matlab program.

hope this reply helps.

Thanks for your answer.
But I can't understand that what did you say?could you give more examples?
I designed a Cyclic ADC I the Hspice software and now I want to calculate those parameters with matlab.what should I do ?
Thanks
Best wishes
A.Jafari

I ask again
please suppose that I implement a cyclic ADC with Hspice software and i want to calculate INL and DNL parameters so
I apply a kind of voltage source and read output digital data that they come out of our converter.
so my questions are?
1. what is the input voltage source and what kind of power I have to use?
2. how can I use output data in matlab software to calculate those parameters?(I mean how can I use output data of Hspice software?)
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back