Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the future for CMOS Analog IC Designers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that: with the development the ic design will go some different ways for different concern about like speed, performance, power.
you can see that the RF mix-model and power mangment in the same world :)
Just like the many process 0.8uM 0.35uM 0.18uM and 0.13uM

To work hard on what you are doing now and believe yourself, to be the best of your field,then you will never be nervous as now.

Can anybody give me some advices about the future trends about power managerment IC chips? thank you

In analog, only ADC/DAC will survive?

How about MEMS (sensors,bio)

Pipeline said:
In analog, only ADC/DAC will survive?

No, There have some other analog field such as pll cdr power mangment, of cause the data converter is strong branch

Analogue designer does not know Biomedic ??

I remember when digital designers did not know analogue !
If you want to survive then learn and adapt. Biomedics, like power electronics, is a field of answers with no questions. It is a source of starvation with no food.
Provide the food, provide the innovation and you cannot fail. But to do so, you must learn what questions to ask in order to provide the correct answers. And to do this, the analogue designer MUST BECOME the biomedic, just as the digital designer became the analogue designer. No one will stand up and say here is what I want, go design it, because no one yet knows what they want or what the technolgogy is capable of.
I have just watched my sister in law suffer a brain haemohorrage that needed constant monitoring of the intercranial fluid pressure (CSF) using an antiquated technique of pushing a tube into the skull - a technique which introduces infection into the skull causing and increase in cerebral fluid pressure !! .
This stuff should be a no brainer to an analogue designer with some MEMS experience - but we are still pushing tubes into peoples skulls.
Do not wait for medics to ask you for solutions to biomedic problems. Become the medic and provide the solutions. The world is dying to meet you - literally.

i think the power management is going to be much more important!! Not only low power but also efficient energy usage...

Yeah, power managerment is becoming more and more popular.

Anyway, analog design is challenging and creative. You can see that tons of opamps exist.

So does it mean demand for RFIC designers is about to go down? People with experince around me say that tranceivers sell for less than a dollar a piece these days and that's the sign. is it true?

certainly seems like there is less rfic design jobs.

people are inventing wireless standards just to keep their jobs !! (UWB, zigbee, wimax, 802.11n etc etc)

This may not be analog IC area but analog board designer is also very challenging.

You can run as fas as you can within your IC but if your board bus can't keep up then it's really of no use of speed.

I think "Power" managment & "Automobile" application

strive to be the best one of any analogue area

I believe " strive to be the best one of any analogue area" is the best and only answer

I am sure that the analog design won't die. Actually, digital design can not apply in many area as RF, high quality audio, ADC ....

In the future, analog engineer can be suppoted by many tool to make analog design become low complex, low time to market.

well
the analog designers in general are rare
there are plenty of digital designers
if u want to continue u should take one of the 2 branches:
1-data converters specially ADC's
2-clocking circuits: plls, dlls,....

Any area of extertise will be good.
Is more important to be a pro in a domain than to know everything.

In my opinion always will exist some analog parts is IC chips and our future is ensured.
Think at basic parts like bandgaps, opamps that cannot be made by digital designers.

bye,

If you just want to find a good job, ADC/DAC, RFIC, PLL, DLL, filter are good choices.

DC_dc
and high resolution adc
Lvds
usb
so on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back