Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Preview Post" should always be available without going to "Advanced" when replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkirkby

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
"Preview Post" should always be available without going to "Advanced" when replying.

If I create a new thread like now, then there is an option to "Preview Post".

But if I reply to a thread, that facility does not exist directly. I need to go to the "Advanced" menu to get the option to preview the post.

I would have thought there is nothing "Advanced" about previewing a post - everyone should do it every time. So I believe it should be an option when replying to a thread, without the extra step. Hence I'm suggesting the site owner should change the site a bit, to permit this.

Dave

Re: "Preview Post" should always be available without going to "Advanced" when replyi

Quick Reply means... quick reply so no extra buttons are available. I just added last time "add an image", "manage attachments", I think there are too many buttons right now.

Re: "Preview Post" should always be available without going to "Advanced" when replyi

But if I reply to a thread, that facility does not exist directly. I need to go to the "Advanced" menu to get the option to preview the post.

Dave

As soon as you press the advanced button you see a preview of what you have written so it works as a preview and switch in the advanced editor at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see the extra step you describe.
With a preview button it would be write message -> press preview -> press post reply
with go advanced it is write message -> press advanced -> press post reply

- - - Updated - - -

The problem I'm having with the quick reply is that in case of a forum malfunction when I press post (like a timeout) or if I press any link by mistake then when I press back all the text is gone, this has happened numerous times.
On the contrary this isn't a problem in the advanced reply.

The auto save functionality doesn't seem to help much in this case.

Re: "Preview Post" should always be available without going to "Advanc

As soon as you press the advanced button you see a preview of what you have written so it works as a preview and switch in the advanced editor at the same time.

You have a point there.
The problem I'm having with the quick reply is that in case of a forum malfunction when I press post (like a timeout) or if I press any link by mistake then when I press back all the text is gone, this has happened numerous times.
On the contrary this isn't a problem in the advanced reply.

The auto save functionality doesn't seem to help much in this case.

Does the autosave ever work? I have the same problem, and don't see any button to retrieve an autosaved version. If I use gmail, it auto-saves and puts my message in a "Draft" folder. But there seems no such option here.

Dave

There is a small restore link that appears in the lower left corner under the edit box (it only appears when you leave and return or something) but rarely does what it is intended to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.