Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

suggestion for purchase of my first fpga development board

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavanucs

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone,
i would like to purchase a fpga development board to design a 16 bit risc processor...kindly provide some suggestions..
thank you

Dear pavanucs,

I used to use Xilinx FPGAs, so I can suggest you boards from this vendor. There are different FPGA families for different needs, and at different prices! I suggest you to take a look at Spartan 3 and Spartan 6 devices, although the former is quite old, but still very useful to start with. Also, these are the cheapest devices. If you google something like "Spartan 3 board" or "Spartan 6 board", you can find different places where to place an order. When choosing the device that the board will host, be sure to check the available "area" (in terms of programmable gates) from their datasheet (look at the LUTs or slices number).

Cheers

How about the BeMicro SDK? **broken link removed**
Its got a cyclone 4, USB and ethernet and is only $79

Status
Not open for further replies.