Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help finding USB controller/"thing" that can be programmed with C# for electric bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srb31513

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help finding USB controller/"thing" that can be programmed with C# for electric bike?

Hello all,

First of all my appologies if this is off topic, but I don't know enough about electronics to even start looking in the right place...

I'm hoping the experts here can point me in the right direction, and solve this puzzle:

Essentially I need to interface an electic bike with a C# software running on a netbook via USB to do few rudimentary tasks. I'm not sure what this

USB controller is or if it even exists, but here is what this controller \ "thing" needs to do:

1. Pass some kind of input to software that approximately represents speed of wheel turning (accuracy / MPH not imporant...relative is fine)..I was

thinking about using a cheap bicycle dynamo that lights a 6 volt bulb or something similar..that I can wire to the controller "thing" that will feed

info back to software.

2. Outputs voltage regulation...so that I can limit output that goes to bicycle wheel..for example if I want to stop all current to wheel via

software. I'm not concerned about power details here..i will find a way to modulate / contorl power, but just need something that will alow me to do

it from software.

3. Software should light 6 different leds. For example if i click button on netbook I need a led to light...simple.

4. Softoware should respond to 5 buttons mounted on the bicycle frame...if i press button software get's an event and shows message on screen.

The key here is for software to handle all the events/inputs/outputs for speed, buttons, leds, and voltage regulator....etc i just dont know what the

USB "thing" is that has drivers and that I can program against and use to inteface with the electonics.

Can someone suggest what usb controller / "thing" would be appropriate for this setup? Or an adaptor or two that I can use to accomplish the same?

Again, my applogies for pre-newb questions...any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for any and all help...

-Stan

Re: Help finding USB controller/"thing" that can be programmed with C# for electric b

See thise projects with PIC18F4550 and PIC18F2550. Both uC have integrated USB support. You have source codes for both PC software and uC firmware, and you can make and adjust this to your needs. You can use digital potentiometers, temp sensors, switches,....

PIC 18F4550 18F2550 USB IO board.jpg

daq1.jpg delphi_cdc.jpg

USB Io board .net software.png vb_usbio.gif

Untitled-1.jpg

Do you trying to impress some girl with this led show ? Maybe better if your bike have computer, make some real byke diagnostics. :)

:wink:

Attachments

• !!! USB 6 ADC, 16 Digital IO PIC18F4550.rar
    5.2 MB · Views: 62
  • !!! USB Data acquisition with PIC18F4550.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • !!! USB HID I-O PIC18F2550.RAR
    608.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search