Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IPC standard for Through hole components and Naming ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabaleevisu

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI every one,

right now i am arranging Through hole footprints so i like to arrange in IPC standard,which IPC standard need to follow for Through hole components and Naming for Through hole also ..(IN IPC-7351 Land Pattern Naming Convention is available like that i need Naming convention for Through hole components )please any one reply for this thread...

Please see attached PDF it has SMT and Thru Hole naming convevtion.

Attachments

• IPC-7351_NamingConvention.pdf
    91.2 KB · Views: 211

hi ricky,

is it possible to get standard footprint (IPC standard ) for PADS 2005.any organization providing footprints ??

hi ricky,

if i follow the IPC standard , how can i differentiate male and female connector (like D-sub ) i could not find any name conversion has not given in this pdf

The IPC naming convention for Connectors is "Manufacture_Part Number".
Part number is always unique for each part so you will be able to differentiate from that only.
If you still want to have some different naming convenetion you can add some suffix in the end to differentiate between male and female connectors (e.g. "_Y" for male and "_X" for female)

PADsis owned by Mentor, who recently bought Valor, who purchased PCBLibraries...
So Menter own all the IPC-7351 wizzards etc, I believe they will provide PADS footprints, check with your PADS VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back