Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Send Telnet Command via SIM900 through the Ethernet (Telnet Server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vahidsadri2000

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

i want to remote controll device network via SMS, i decide implement this project via SIM900

Send Message(telnet command) ----> Board (sim900,microcontroller,lan port) ---> recive message and send through LAN (ENC28j60) ---> To ex.Router,Modem,Server,...(telnet base device)

are you any idea??????

why not use a modem with a TCP/IP stack - the modem connects directly to a remote TCP server - they can then exchange information ?

yes tha is right,Sim900 has TCP Stack But how can I implement telnet???
Telnet is the need to implement???????? or have a new idea for trsfer command to telnet Device ??

If you lay a few specifc control sequences aside, telnet is just a terminal connection over ethernet. It's e.g. a choice besides real and virtual COM ports in Hyperterminal. If you want. For the specifications, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telnet

With SIM900, you'll open a TCP connection to a telnet server at default port 23, send and receive ASCII data.

Status
Not open for further replies.