Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using ammeter in PSU circuit of a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebadtall

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, just a question...

if i open a psu of pc, and in the smps section where ac becomes dc i bypass the main dc line with an ammeter would there be any problem?

another question is, if i place an ammeter after the rectifier of a 350v tube amp, would it work? the ammeter is 5A and the max I of the tube psu is less than 100ma..

thank you!

Re: ammeter in PSU circuit

hello, just a question...
if ..... i bypass the main dc line with an ammeter would there be any problem?

You would connect the ammeter in series with the d.c. line, you're not "bypassing it", but no, there's no problem. That's exactly how it should be connected.

another question is, if i place an ammeter after the rectifier of a 350v tube amp, would it work? the ammeter is 5A and the max I of the tube psu is less than 100ma..
thank you!

Yes, it would work.

On an 5A analogue meter scale, 100mA would produce a very small deflection of the needle - one fiftieth of full scale. It would be virtually impossible to "measure" the tube's current. It would be not much more than an indication of the current's value.

If this is of concern, it would be better to use either a digital meter or an analogue one with, say, a 2A f.s.d.

Re: ammeter in PSU circuit

thank you, i was asking because i have never used ammeter in high voltage. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back