Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recom Power Supplies, are they good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Deye

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

I've used Recom supplies like these a few times before for personal projects, and they worked out fine. Never used it in a product though.

There are lots of alternatives for these nonisolated LDO replacement supplies. Murata and CUI also make them, and all three companies have similar offerings. They're all reasonably well established (though Murata is the largest, I believe). You should browse through them to see what's out there.

These LDO replacements are made to be as simple to use as possible. There's a huge amount of options if you're willing to accept a slight increase in complexity (a couple external resistors) for better performance. For example I really like the LMZ220xx parts for high power and high efficiency.

Thanks mtwieg,

Can I count on them to power a DSP and an FPGA? ,, the DSP needs 5V (4.75 to 5.25V recommended range) and the FPGA needs 3.3V (3.225V to 3.375V range). Also is it better to use isolated supplies?

Status
Not open for further replies.