Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a fixed output voltage of 14V from input voltage 14-16V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yassin.kraouch

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i have an input voltage between 14V and 16V, i want to fix the output to 14 V, independent of the input.

Re: fixed output voltage 14V

A voltage regulator would require at least a few hundred mv and he wants 14v in 14v out.
A shunt regulator could do it but the resistor would create voltage drop.
Maybe a self made regulator using a low Rds mosfet controlled by an opamp can achieve a low voltage drop

A voltage regulator would require at least a few hundred mv and he wants 14v in 14v out.
A shunt regulator could do it but the resistor would create voltage drop.
Maybe a self made regulator using a low Rds mosfet controlled by an opamp can achieve a low voltage drop
Alex what do you mean by self made ? have you please a schematic that will help me ?

By self made I mean a discrete regulator instead of using a ready one.
I don't have a schematic available but the basic philosophy is like but with a mosfet to get lower voltage drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back