Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asynchronous Counter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

akash_joshi

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a 5bit asynchronous counter using T-flip flops. The T-flip-flops have a asynchronous reset and it is working fine.But when i am reseting the the counter then all the 5 outputs of the counter are not going to zero only the lsb is going to zero and other remain sometimes at logic 1 or logic 0. I am not able to reset the counter properly i.e. when im resseting the counter no aal the bits are going to zero.What should i do?

Pl help....................

take "ACTIVE LOW " RESET pin for all the flip flops used in the ckt ....

consider a 2 i/p NAND gate ... the i/p's of NAND GATE are Q0 , Q2 ...........

the o/p of this NAND gate is connected to claer terminal to all the flip flops ........

now it will workz out ..........

take "ACTIVE LOW " RESET pin for all the flip flops used in the ckt ....

consider a 2 i/p NAND gate ... the i/p's of NAND GATE are Q0 , Q2 ...........

the o/p of this NAND gate is connected to claer terminal to all the flip flops ........

now it will workz out ..........

The problem is that my master-slave J-k flip flop (which is used as a T flip flop) is not resetting properly so can u tell me a configuration where we can asynchronously reset a J-K flip flop

... a configuration where we can asynchronously reset a J-K flip flop

See this schematic of an asynchronously resettable JK Master-Slave-FF from an Artisan Lib:

Some explanation would be helpful:
- asynchronous counter means ripple counter?
- are you sure the reset pulse duration is long enough
- to understand the issue we would need to see the gate level circuit

See this schematic of an asynchronously resettable JK Master-Slave-FF from an Artisan Lib:

Thanks a lot..............the link u gave have solved the problem for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back