Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using 40x4 lcd display with wiz c programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

isabella

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i am busy writing a program in wiz c pro, but i am worried about the lcd im using. when i simulate it in the program it cannot display the caracters in the 3rd and 4th lines. the lcd has two enable lines, i know that has something to do with it, but in wiz c i cannot initialize the second enable.

can some one show me how? or is there another solution.

thanks guys.

Sorry for not responding to the previous project - I'm still working hard here.

What is the LCD type? Some have two enables but they work together as a single input, the character addresing may be a different issue altogether. Normally, the 3rd line is an extension of the first one and the last line an extension of the secnd one. If thats the case with your LCD, just add the appropriate offset to the character address to reach the last lines.

Brian.

hi all,

i am busy writing a program in wiz c pro, but i am worried about the lcd im using. when i simulate it in the program it cannot display the caracters in the 3rd and 4th lines. the lcd has two enable lines, i know that has something to do with it, but in wiz c i cannot initialize the second enable.

can some one show me how? or is there another solution.

thanks guys.

Hi,

Have only ever used a 40x2 lcd, looking at a datasheet it shows your 40x4 is effectivley twin 40x2 controllers, with the data, RS and RW lines commoned togther, just being separated by the two different Enable lines 1 and 2.

So I expect you will have to output lines 1 and 2 using Enable1 as you have done, then allocate the Enable2 line to another i/o pin and change your software to refer to that pin for En2 and the output lines 3 and 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.