Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Routine... How it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I got this code which sends string to LCD. I want to know wheather the characters of a string are sent to the LCD one by one or is it sent at once.

i.e., if I have a string "Hello!" is it sent as H e l l o. display one char at a time. or is the whole string pushed at once?

Code:
void lcd_data_str(char str[50]) //Function to send string
{ 
int p;
for (p=0;str[p]!='\0';p++)
{
lcd_data_str_pin = str[p];
rw = 0;
rs = 1;
en = 1;
delay(1);
en = 0;
}
return;

I'm asking this because I want to write my own LCD library in C and ASM.

Hello!

I got this code which sends string to LCD. I want to know wheather the characters of a string are sent to the LCD one by one or is it sent at once.

i.e., if I have a string "Hello!" is it sent as H e l l o. display one char at a time. or is the whole string pushed at once?

Code:
{ 
int p;
for (p=0;str[p]!='\0';p++)
{
lcd_data_str_pin = str[p];
rw = 0;
rs = 1;
en = 1;
delay(1);
en = 0;
}
return;

I'm asking this because I want to write my own LCD library in C and ASM.

{
}
This is not the way to pass the address of an array to a function.
Read "How to pass base address of an array to a function " and String handling from a C book.

Hello!

The LCD will display one char at a time.
It'll not push the whole string at once.
It can be possible with Graphical LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.