Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(16x80) 8x8 Dot Matrix LED Display clock with alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

datsystem

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone. i would like to make a 16x80 dot matrix led display clock with alarm and use the 8x8 dot matrix led display to make it for my project. but i dunno how can i make it by AT89c52 and use the asm code for the program. can someone help me and teach me how to do it??

i want to know which components fo the circuit and how to write a asm program to make it work.

can someone help me????:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

It's an embedded system. If you google for that, you'll find lots of resources and many existing threads, such as this one.
To create an embedded system requires some programming skills, some hardware skills and the ability to use an assembler and a programmer.
Since most of the work is done in software, the choice of components should be fairly easy, clearly you need some sort of dot matrix display and so on. You could also read up on different ways to drive LED displays, to determine what kind of LED driver you will need.
It's probably best to read around these subjects, and then ask a specific question.

use 8x8 to make it to be 16x80

- - - Updated - - -

if we need to make these projects which language is better? C or asm???

Personally, I would use C unless I had a very good reason to use assembler (a good reason for me would
be some small portions of an OS; I can't think of another good reason).
However, others are happy with assembler, so it depends on what you're comfortable with too - for me,
C is partially a personal choice too, but it has some benefits - portable code is one.

You must show your work to interface 8x8 Dot Matrix first. Start small first.
If you never done 8x8 yet, then your asking is useless, seems you are lazy to spend your time.

u mean use the 8051 to control one of the 8x8 dot matrix led display first><?
i have used the 4 of the 8x8 dot matrix led display... and i use the 2 of the 74154 to connect the dot matrix led display and make it to be 16x16, and the 74154 is connected to the AT89c52.
but i dunno if i want to make it to be 16x80, will i need to use 5 of the 74154 to connect the dot martix led display ( 1 of 74154 to 2 dot matrix led display)
can someone help me><?

for the programming, i have asked my teacher can i use the asm and he said that i need to use the c language to write it. but i used the asm language to control the 4 of 8x8 dot matrix led display before. that's why i feel confused to use the c language to control it. beacuse i'm not always use to c language for the programming.
><

i feel so difficult to use the asm language to change to c language.....

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.