Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which side to put Match Resistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davyzhu

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

The first question, a set of LVDS signals were input via a parallel port and they will be translated to TTL voltage by a chip, I put 100 Ohm Parallel terminal resistors between the differencial signals, shall I put the 100 Ohm resistors near the parallel port or the voltage translating chip.

Another question, I make a download cable for xilinx chip, and there are two pair of connnectors from download cable to On-board JTAG,

(Like this: PC's Parallel Port --> Female Connector -->Long Line --> Another Female Connector --> On-board Male JTAG),

normally it maybe one connector between PC and board. My question is howto calculate the impedence and put how much Parallel terminal resistor on the board side (I found the download cable always cannot detect the chip).

Regards,

Davy Zhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back