Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic band switching using transistors or other discrete components

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have an LC oscillator that uses LC in series as a resonant circuit. The L is connected to the VCC.
The addition of a diode in the before or after the L really distorts much the signal.
The oscillator requires a minimum of 7V to operate.

In order to electronically switch between different coils I have thought of another approach. Use a PNP transistor like 2n2907 between vcc and each coil and control their base electronically. Clean and stable DC will pass through the transistor if it is enabled, to the coil.

I have tried it with 9V and a 2n2907 and it works ok. But on 7.5v I measure the voltage at the collector of the 2n2907 and it is 4.5v. the drop is too much and the circuit does not work.

What should I do for operation of 7.5V? (oscillator works at 7V min, so only 0.5v max drop should be allowed)

What should I do for operation of 7.5V? (oscillator works at 7V min, so only 0.5v max drop should be allowed)
Apparently the transistors aren't fully switched on. Adjust the base voltage/current to sufficient level.

Status
Not open for further replies.