Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

desktop motherboard problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

salim khan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
I have an old desktop motherboard 6ABX rev 1.10.
It supports P2 intel processor.
I have configured the on board jumpers according to my processor and agp.
The motherboard is not taking any kind of electric supply, i.e. it does not respond to powersupply.
I have checked it with a new power supply, also the power connections on the motherboard are done correctly according to the marked titles.
Now what should i do?
Please help

Detach unnecessary peripherals.
Minimum RAM.
No hard disk.
Consider removing cards.

Can you locate an on-board battery? Test its voltage. Remove it if it is under spec.

Can you confirm the presence of supply V on the traces that carry power?
Across the On button?

Do you see any led's glowing?

Is supply V within spec? 12V? 5V?

Does supply V change when you press the On button? At the supply? At the motherboard?

Can you check power carrying cables for continuity?

Disconnect the monitor if the above produces no results. Disconnect anything that might be sending a signal saying 'Do not start up.'

connect the 20 pin power supply to the motherboard and short the green and black pins with a tweezer and check if the board will power on or not....plz post the pic of your motherboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back