Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speaker magnet charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

yugal

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any one help me to design a magnet charger for 10" to 18" speaker through mains voltage.
I need it very much. thanking all.
yugal

hi tpetar, thanks for quick reply.I found a circuit for low power magnet charger.
yugal

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• magnet-f2.gif
    magnet-f2.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

no,problem not solve i need bigger charger .400-600v dc and 800-1000 amp to charge bigger magnets.
yugal

I made an electromagnet in hopes I could re-vitalize the magnet in a D'Arsonval meter movement (it was several percent low).

I wrapped a long length of magnet wire around a steel rod. I applied 12V battery power. It drew several amps.

It was strong but not as strong as it needed to be. If connected longer than a few seconds, it started heating up.

You do not need 800 amps. And you probably don't need mains power. Even if you use mains AC, you must run it through a diode rated for the amount going through the wire.

Consider trying this experiment, since your post implies you have gained access to the speaker magnet. (If you don't have access then you'll need to cut a hole in the center dome. Later you'll glue on a paper cap.)

Attach a strong magnet to the existing weak magnet. Such as a neodymium type. It should be just small enough to fit under the voice cone.

Per diagram:

81_1342723607.gif

The N-S poles will be additive.

It will be tricky to maneuver the new magnet to the proper polarity and the proper position.

You must be careful to prevent the magnet from jumping out of your fingers. If it impacts metal it could shatter. You don't want particles getting into the space around the voice coils.

hello,
no replay from any one.
please help me
yugal

What you ask in not very common, actually I have never heard of it before.
It will not be easy to get a solution on this.

All technical permanent magnets are "charged" (magnetized) in a similar way. In contrast to some more speculative contributions in this thread, designing a magnetizing unit would start with an exact calculation of the magnetic circuit, required field strength and pulsed power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.