Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best use of old TV set

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgpavan

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

I have an old BUSH TV model NO 2094 , Its CRT is good , can anyone let me know if its possible to convert this into an oscilloscope .

Regards

Several websites tell how people have done this.

It requires that you locate the horizontal and vertical deflector circuits.

It's easier if you can find an article using the same tv set as you have. Since this is unlikely, be prepared to apply whatever you know about tv's, or examine several articles and combine their knowledge.

Hello bgpavan,

the problem for using TV - CRTs as oscilloscope is, that they have a magnetic deflection system instead of electrostatic deflection of normal oscilloscope CRTs.

Magnetic deflection systems have a very low frequency response. You can see this on the description of a monitor scope, that I use as Rf-Sweep-Generator.

**broken link removed**

Regards

Rainer

Hello ,

rfredel,

Thanks for your reply .
Yeah I came to know about that wen i was doin some browsing on this.But somehow i was able to display simple sine , triangular waves on the TV screen by manipulating the yoke assembly ( deflection system) .Had fun in doin tat :)

Now i have preserved this CRT as a monument :) LOLZZ

Regards
Pavan

Status
Not open for further replies.