Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in adding dummy devices in IBM 8RF-DM 0.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahdi_p777

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have problem adding dummy gates in two sides of my main RF transistor on the same RX area.

When I add dummy gates in two sides of the RF NMOS/PMOS transistors the LVS is not clean any more while I have considered the added transistors on the schematic.

In LVS log file it says: "1 Mal-Formed Device(s) detected."

This problem exists only in RF/triple-well devices not in nfet/pfet devices.

Hi, I kind of have the same problem. If I modify the regular nfet, it is fine. but once I flatten RF fet, "mal-formed devices detected".

So I wondered did you solve this problem after all? its been a while though.

Thanks!

Hi, I kind of have the same problem. If I modify the regular nfet, it is fine. but once I flatten RF fet, "mal-formed devices detected".

So I wondered did you solve this problem after all? its been a while though.

Thanks!

Hi,

No, I gave up on that. I even contacted MOSIS in this regard, but the kit is designed in this way.
It is better to choose large devices and put them close to each other to solve the matching problem in this way if you can.

Thanks,
Mahdi

Thank you a lot for your immediate reply!

I just sent a requesting email right before seeing your reply. It is wield because in this way, almost no interleaved structures in triple well could be achieved in this kits.

But anyway, I guess I will do what you said, using large devices and putting them close.

Thank you again!
Hao

Hi,

No, I gave up on that. I even contacted MOSIS in this regard, but the kit is designed in this way.
It is better to choose large devices and put them close to each other to solve the matching problem in this way if you can.

Thanks,
Mahdi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back