Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

doubts regarding electret microphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonyrajan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to know companies providing free samples of electret microphones
thanking you

I do not know any company offering electret microphones for free. You can find such good microphones in many discarded old tape recorders/players or in hands-free earphone-microphone sets for cell phones. Those microphones usually survive best of all other components. Do not forget they need to be fed by DC 3...12 V through a 12k...50k resistor on their output.

I do not know any company offering electret microphones for free. You can find such good microphones in many discarded old tape recorders/players or in hands-free earphone-microphone sets for cell phones. Those microphones usually survive best of all other components. Do not forget they need to be fed by DC 3...12 V through a 12k...50k resistor on their output.

Thank u for you replay
in my project i need a electret condenser microphone with diameter less than 3mm and a sensitivity greater than -44 dBV/P,self noise < 28dB, with flat frequency response.

Such small electret microphones you can find in discarded cell phones. They are SMD and ~3..4 mm in diameter. You will have to test their parameters. I saw SMD miniature microphones in advertisement but I do not know if samples are available for free.

thank u for the replay...
i have one more doubt..can we use electret microphone with out inbuilt FET pre amplifier (Electret condenser cartridge) as a speaker ??
which type of speaker that we can use as a microphone where speaker size should be less than 4mm.

thank u for the replay...
i have one more doubt..can we use electret microphone with out inbuilt FET pre amplifier (Electret condenser cartridge) as a speaker ??
which type of speaker that we can use as a microphone where speaker size should be less than 4mm.

I do not think so. Tiny speakers are also used in cell phones but I have not seen them in sizes under 4 mm. Try google, there are some ultrasonic piezo speakers available recently.
I am no acoustics expert but I know that sound conversion efficiency is a third-order function of transducer diameter. What you want does not make much sense to me.
On the other hand, pressure speakers utilize a "normal" size speaker with an added conical pipe in which air speed increases; at the small-diameter end the power is high and directional. Such devices are used in "megaphones", try to use such principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back