Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[DFT] Serial an parallel ATPG pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

maulin sheth

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

What is the difference between Serial and parallel patern in STIL file.?When we are giving write_patterns -parallel option and also write_patterns -serail option.
Tetramax generated the same pattern for both the cases. But if I am using Adaptive scan thn only there is a difference between serial and parallel pattern in STIL file.

So plz help me, why not difference in serial and parallel pattern in STIL fle for Normal Mode. and why difference only in Adaptive mode.

Thanks in Advance

-Maulin

Serial and Parallel patterns both are (and must be) same for a give scan mode(Internal or Adaptive). The only difference is in the way they are applied on the design.

In serial patterns, all the patterns are applied through ScanIn and ScanOut. The operations are similar to the Tester environment.
But the parallel patterns are applied directly to the internal registers, therefore no Shift-in, shift-out. So reduces the test time. The direct access to registers is possible only in simulation environment and hence Parallel patterns are used only in Simulations and NOT in tester.

There should not be difference in serial patterns and parallel patterns check the environment properly!

Thank you very much..
but i want to know that why there is a difference in STIL file for parallel and serial Adaptive mode and Why there is not any difference in normal scan mode in STIL file for serial and parallel pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back