Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Minimum distance b/w reflecting surfaces(mirrors) which gives output to same IRsensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliman8

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi !
Can any one give me an idea that how close i can use magnets /also mirrors so that they don't interfere with each other.When i put used IR sensor in such away that multiple reflecting mirrors are rotating around it then what is the minimum distance between two reflecting surfaces(mirrors) so that we can get the differentiated output?

Thanks in advance

Ali

Hiya Ali - I'm afraid I don't quite understand your question. In general though, there is *no* minimum distance that needs to be observed between mirrors and sensors, provided they:

a) don't obviously occlude* the beam path, and
b) are sufficiently large to capture the beam energy (i.e. 1 mm mirrors aren't going to be very useful in steering a beam with a spot size of 20 mm).

Don't forget you'll likely need focussing optics if you want your IR sensor to capture all of the incident energy if the beam size exceeds your detector area/aperture.

What are you differentiating? Where do magnets figure in your optical setup?

(*These things can be more accurately quantified if required, and allowable occlusions vary depending upon the propagating optical mode. These considerations can be safely ignored for most opto-mechanical sensing type applications :)

In my sceme i am using multiple magnets on the moving curved ring and getting the output through a Hall sensor placed on the static portion under it.
Similarly i am using multiple mirrors on the moving curved ring and getting the output through a IR sensor placed on the static portion under it.

I am using multiple magnets/multiple mirrors in order to enhance the resolution of my scheme.My question is whether i can use multiple magnets/mulitple mirrors and at how much distance.

Sorry for any ambiguity !!!
Waiting for kind reply
Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back