Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to compare at the end of the simulation time step

Status
Not open for further replies.

tariq786

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I want to compare two signals whenever one of them changes using if statement. But i want to do this comparison at the end of the simulation tick as one of them is a register and the other one is a wire.

Any ideas how to do it

always @(b)
//what should i put here to compare them at the end of the time step
begin
if( a == b)
$display("Pass");
else
$display("Fail");
end

Thanks

any one?

no response (REALLY!!)

Why is 'a' not in the sensitivity list? Based on your current code, when do you think is the comparison done? How are you modeling a register 'b' in verilog?

because i want to check the equality based on the change in b. a is stored in a register. As you know register assignment (Non blocking assignment) is done after wire (Blocking assignment),i want to do the comparison after the non blocking assignment. This means essentially at the end of the simulation time step.

Thanks for the post.

Try this,
Code:
always @(b) begin
   $monitor("\n %s", (a==b)?"PASS":"FAIL"); 
end

Last edited:
Let me try.

Morris Mano thanks a lot dude.

Kind Regards,
tariq786

If you can use SystemVerilog, you should use an assertion to check this. Assertions always use sampled values (by default, at the beginning of the time step before any blocking or non-blocking assignments have executed).

$strobe is what i was looking for. Here is how it should be

always @(b) begin
$strobe("\n %s", (a==b)?"PASS":"FAIL");
end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back