Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Leakage current of high voltage electrolytic capacitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizedale

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Do surface mount 250V electrolytic capacitors tend to draw more leakage current than radial package electrolytics of the same capacitance?

Leakage current should be specified in the datasheets.

yes, and in all cases i look at (eg below) , the surface mount cap has far more leakage current than the radial type......why is this?
Isn't that just because you're comparing a low voltage through-hole cap with a high voltage SMT cap, or have you compared caps with similar ratings and found the same?

The pic below (from **broken link removed**) suggests that high leakage goes together with high voltage.

I really am very sorry i meant this datasheet for the radial one.and its 3 times less leakage current compared to equivalent type in SMT.

**broken link removed**

[

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back