Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some help for my graduation project: Charging laptop battery using solar energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wa'ed Mohammad

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I'm a 4'th year electrical engineering student, and I'm preparing for my graduation project which is about " Charging laptop battery using solar energy ",so I need some help about ideas that may help me in designing issues, circuits, & more information about this project.

Thanks & Regards.

As I know laptop adapters are ratted as around 20v or 22v with current rating of around 3.3a to 3.5a. For that, you would needed a solar panel of say 24v, 65W.
A similar thread exist in edaboard: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/206400/

You mean charging laptop battery without inserting it in laptop or charging laptop battery inserted in laptop ?

Dear Muhammad
Hi
It is simple . you have to use a stabilizer with a simple forward converter . thus when the sunlight has variations , it can stabilize the voltage across the load ( battery ) and then you should take current feedback and voltage feedback from battery to determine internally resistance of battery , when battery is charged this circuit should give it standby current .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hello All ;
Thanks for replaying, right now it's just an idea and I'm thinking about it and I want to know more things about it, and also i want to know if it's worthy to make it as a graduation project or do I need to rethink about it ?
" One more thing I want to say that I'm from Jordan, Hashemite University, and till now this is my first project, but i really want to make a good, new , worthy graduation project because all of the graduation projects that I've already seen in my university as i think meaningless and i don't want my project to be like that too; so any suggestions or guidelines ? "

Your idea is good. It is good to be one step ahead from others around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.