Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to copy motorola's MC68701 mcu

Status
Not open for further replies.

r2d2droids

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have one MC68701 left and i need the code in it.
I can read the eprom memory but i dont know how to write it (copy it) a new MC68701 mcu?

i havent got a programmer and compiler. so how can i do this???

There are services available which can read/write/duplicate various devices for a fee.

Otherwise, you will need to either buy or build a programmer. Fortunately the MC68701 datasheet details the required programming algorithm.

I have posted the sections of the datasheet covering the programming of the device:

82_1341553400.jpg
67_1341553400.jpg

MC68701 Datasheet

BigDog

datasheet has some sections about programming, it is true and also has a code. but how can i compile the code?

I believe the code is actually in Assembly language and I recently saw a compatible Assembler available online for download.

You may want to just send the device off to be copied, the fee should not be too high.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.