Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blood Pressure Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoshhh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am designing a non invasive digital blood pressure monitor. I am in a preliminary stage. I have got all the components needed. The main thing that is making me confused is that after the cuff has been inflated how to deflate the cuff slowly till the diastole measurement is taken. For all your knowledge I am using a microcontroller PIC16F877A, motor controlled pump, solenoid valve, standard handcuff, Pressure Sensor MPX2050GP.

I have used blood pressure meters. I believe there is a pinhole leak drilled so that the system is always open to outside air, except that it is closed when the pump is working.

To close the leak is probably done via a needle valve attached to the solenoid. The valve can be either inside the chamber, or outside.

The valve opens when power to the solenoid is off, releasing air.

Status
Not open for further replies.