Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium 10: Erros when using it mainly in library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizedale

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have been trying to lay out a small PCB in Altium but i am getting huge numbers of errors.

I put four different components into the library.......then put these on schematic, then transferred to pcb no problem.....but then as i added more compnents i am getting huge numbers of errors...as follows...

The most common error i get is a little dialog box popping up headed "Information"....it just says "please wait a moment", and a green scroll bar rolls forward several times underneath it.

The other errors are here....each one separated by dashed lines...

- - - - - - - --- -
Catastrophic failure

- - - - - - - --- -
Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000
- - - - - - - --- -

Dxp
Access violation at address OD5C6F34 in module @IntegratedLibrary.DLL’. Read of address E1E8000C.
- - - - - - - --- -

Error
Information
Integer overflow at 6F16E009. Exception occurred in SaveObject.
- - - - - - - --- -

does anyone know why i am getting these errors?

At first it was fine, but then they all just started.

Try re-installing your software.
or as loosemoose said that file might be corrupted so try opening some other file if the problems still occur tha re-install you software or contact support centre.
You can also check if your file is corrupted or not by opening it in some other system.

Thanks, i have tried starting again in a new project but the fault is still there......so i think i will try an d re-install software as you say.....but is it likely to have been corrupted.

I did a schematic using symbols but no footprints attached to them and it was fine......its all happened since i started doing footprints.

I am just wondering if the library i created has to be an "integrated library" for it to work properly?

Last edited:

Check the Footprint Library path assigned there could be a error in that also. Check for special characters(@#% etc.) sometimes this could cause an error.

Also did you tried to open you file in some other system?

well today i updated via the web and the problems have virtually gone.....so far.

I am wondering if this is Altium putting bugs in the software so that if you dont update regular then it crashes on you...this would be a good way for them to catch software copiers?

Erased all Altium Windows registry using regedit.exe and everything works fine. I guess Altium for some reason save those address in the windows registry.

I am wondering if this is Altium putting bugs in the software so that if you dont update regular then it crashes on you...this would be a good way for them to catch software copiers?
I don't think they're putting in these errors intentionally, I have a legitimate copy of Altium Designer (university sponsored), I'm using the latest version and I also regularly get these nonsense errors thrown into my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back