Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lambda SMPS low voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddasirwaheedmalik

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i just connected my fully functioning power supply lambda EWS 1500-12 , 12volt 125A SMPS to charge my 12 volt battery its 150AH, after a bit of charge when i disconnected the power supply i noticed low voltage on output of SMPS with multimeterm it now reads 8v wier th battery removed i tried to increase the voltage from potentiometer but at its maximum value its reading 9v where it used to read 15V, i opened the supply and noticed there is another variable inside the smps i varied it it increase the voltage to 14 volts but now the main potentiomenter cannot vary the output voltage as earlies only 0.4 volt+/- from 14 volt,

another big problem is that votage increases on load, with a 12v 60w car bulb as load the voltage climbs up to 14.5 volts and only slowly returns to 14 volts after load removal, i assume the fault has occured due to current getting back from battery to the SMPS because as i opened it i did not see any diode for protection ???? any idea whats gone wrong here ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.