Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how to create 2 outlines in file.pcbdoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

van_tekbox

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I'm in urgent situation.I hope you can help me a hand. Thanks you so much.
Now, I need to create 2 boards in a file.pcbdoc, therefore i have to draw 2 outlines in file.pcbdoc. Which things should i set up to do it ?.
If you have a solution, please help me:grin:.

Nice day.

The right way is to draw the lines in some 3D program and save them as DXF format. Then you can import the lines as DXF into your program

The right way is to draw the lines in some 3D program and save them as DXF format. Then you can import the lines as DXF into your program

Now, i try to do it. However, how do u think if i make 2 project for 2 boards ? and after that i'll use solidwork to describe 3d data , but there is a way to open altium' 3d data to solidwork ?

I also use SOlidWorks - Altium combination. I start the project in SolidWorks, design the mechanic of the device (box, etc.). Then I can get the PCB as mechanical part in SolidWOrks. From this PCB part I can get the DXF files describing everything for the PCB - holes, size, curvature.

Next step is - import this DXF into Altium (into some mechanical layer). Then you can use the lines and chapes from the DXF to create your PCB shape, to position holes and components.

At the end after the PCB is ready you can export from Altium the stl file and use it in SolidWorks (normally you don't need this).

I also use SOlidWorks - Altium combination. I start the project in SolidWorks, design the mechanic of the device (box, etc.). Then I can get the PCB as mechanical part in SolidWOrks. From this PCB part I can get the DXF files describing everything for the PCB - holes, size, curvature.

Next step is - import this DXF into Altium (into some mechanical layer). Then you can use the lines and chapes from the DXF to create your PCB shape, to position holes and components.

At the end after the PCB is ready you can export from Altium the stl file and use it in SolidWorks (normally you don't need this).

Thanks you, that is the way i implement my project.

Status
Not open for further replies.