Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a cheap DSP with ADC and DAC advise me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltonjohn

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dsp with adc

I have a design to do ,And i need to bring the cost as low as possible
I need to control a servo motor in a very particular form .
The servo has a capacitance positioning system .So i need to to sample this signal at least with 1 to 2 MSP .. I process this signal an then the DACs are used to control de DRIVER for the motor . I have been imposed the motor and the Positioning system .I'm redesigning the controller replacing all the all analog electronics : MICRO and at least 8 Analog OPs and a lot of resistors caps and the old DAC ..

basically i want to use just one chip to do it all . But i'm having hard time finding a DSP with DACs .. 12 bits ADC are plenty but the DACs are not commun . The only chip i'm considering is the new Analog device's ARM7
mixed signal .But the product is too new and the silicon is buggy .

Any suggestions?
(the chip has to be < $15 and also with 32k to 64k flash and ram)

cheap dsp

Try using your soundcard. That has a ADC and DAC built in it. You can find a lot examples in the internet.

cheapest dsp

Hi

I am familiar with TI's DSPs, and do not know any DSP which covers all of your needs.
I suggest you using F28xx DSPs. They have 12-bit ADC, com port Flash and ram and upto 150MIPS and 15$ for atleast 1k.
You can use these DSPs with a external DAC.

Regards

dac dsp adc

Look at Zilog cheap DSP's
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
Best regards

dsp with adc and dac

HI

You can use freescale [Motorola] 56F8xxx familiy of micro-dsp

Development kit & chip's @ low cost are avaliable from digikey

ADC/DAC included

Regards

Bobi

320lf240xa ti

How about Microchip dsPIC? You could then use their demo compiler for 60 days.

dsp is adc

TI has some low cost DSP like 320LF240xA, 320LF28xx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back