Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to fit the plot to an exact curve instead of aprrox curve fitting....

Status
Not open for further replies.

srawanjoshi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all,
I am trying to fit the plot/curve obtained from the data points available in the matlab software....But the problem with that is the approximate curve fitting but not the exact curve equation....
So is there any other procedure in matlab or any other software tool which can give the exact fit of the curve for the data given....

Do u have the graph obtained?

Finally u need the mathematical relation?

I think You can make use of the Microsoft Excel Sheet.

Can u provide the data on what you are working?

If the data points are the result of experimental data or sensor outputs, it may not be possible to find the exact curve fit, because of measurement/sensor error. However, if you have some knowledge of the mathematical function that the data follows it is possible to find an accurate representation. For example, if the physical process that is represented by the data is known to have an exponential relationship, then an exponential curve fit will give the best results, while a polynomial fit may not be acceptable. Of course, it is always possible to get a polynomial that will pass exactly through all of the n data points by using an (n+1)th order polynomial. However, the curve fit might not necessarily be representative of the underlying function between the measured data points.

hello all,
I am trying to fit the plot/curve obtained from the data points available in the matlab software....But the problem with that is the approximate curve fitting but not the exact curve equation....
So is there any other procedure in matlab or any other software tool which can give the exact fit of the curve for the data given....
Hi Shravan! Just by having the data points enumerated in an excel sheet you can get the graph of it. This works always.

Hi,

I think you need first of all the mathematical model that you are looking for .....for an example you are expecting power f(x) = x^(1.2) ......it is possible through least square curve fitting algorithms .....

Now prashanth.vinnakota ......excel plot are very early stage analysis ....one need to have very accurate relation ship there are more scientific way to address such situation...

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back