Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ms in Us without any research experience ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheshmahi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can I apply for MS in Us without any research experience ?

are yoi sure ? I have done B tech in mechanical engineering from one of the reputed institute in india , can I apply for MS in Us w/o any research experience ? Are there universities which are job oriented .. I mean which will provide jobs as an engineer and not as an Researcher ? ..

I can't speak for every university in the US, but many students are accepted into master's programs with little or no experience. Your undergraduate grades are probably most important. I would suggest you investigate some universities, find some that interest you, and just ask them what they look for when accepting grad students. I'm sure they can give you a better answer than I can.

Can I get Into top 100 Universities .. this is the last q uestion

Do you have a lot of money? Are you brilliant? Are you well rounded? Can you dunk a basketball? Do you have a criminal record?

If you're asking 'can one get into a top 100 university without having done research?' the answer is yes. If you are asking if YOU can get in, I can't answer that. The only way you can find out is to apply. As I said, contact the universities directly-it won't cost anything, and they'll definitely be able to guide you.

Do you have a lot of money? Are you brilliant? Are you well rounded? Can you dunk a basketball? Do you have a criminal record?

If you're asking 'can one get into a top 100 university without having done research?' the answer is yes. If you are asking if YOU can get in, I can't answer that. The only way you can find out is to apply. As I said, contact the universities directly-it won't cost anything, and they'll definitely be able to guide you.

well I am taking a loan .. Brilliant .. Yes I am passing out from NIT's and they are the most recognises institue in India after IIT's .. I have grade 6.3/10 .. can get really good Gre Score .. I am only scared of recommendation letters and The univesrity I ll be getting ... want it to be top 100 or top 50

Hi , I am not interested to discourage you but let me tell you some of facts that I know .....6.3/10 is still not so good.... it rates to (2.52/4) at least I know top 20 university expect at least (3.2/4) .... However, your NIT name may get counted too....as it is one of the reputed institutes in the India... and of course the reco that you get from your teacher .....

Good Luck

Hi , I am not interested to discourage you but let me tell you some of facts that I know .....6.3/10 is still not so good.... it rates to (2.52/4) at least I know top 20 university expect at least (3.2/4) .... However, your NIT name may get counted too....as it is one of the reputed institutes in the India... and of course the reco that you get from your teacher .....

Good Luck

Thanks .. I was actually cancelling MS plan n was going for M tech in IIT .. but some of the local university students got into MS .. .obviosusly not that goof university .. but that made me hope .... top 50 or top 100 any chance ? .. and are you sure 6.3 /10 gpa is equivalaent to US 2.52/4 ..

I had this douubt .. earlier ... but somewhere I have read in india anything above 60 percent is considerd more than 3/4 .. I am not sure abt this ..

Don't get SOOOO wrapped in 'brand name' universities. You can also get an excellent education at other institutions. And I've worked with idiots from MIT (ranked #1).

look man

I am not an expert and I just share some of the experience of my friend .....Now let me put another fact too....a friend of mine with just 61 % got in the unversity of santa clara.....also one of my friend with 66% in b.tech also got in the Caltech for Ph.D after his masters from IISc..... also on the other side some of friends with even 72% in BE get rejected to take an addmission in US when they enquire they got responce that you need score for 3.2/4 from two unversity......so we came on this conclusion that it is about the fortune and where you apply and lot of other factors too...So what I will say here there is nothing wrong applying for it......Here is the rule that get applied in the real world " Prepare the best and ready to accept the worst" and " Never loose the hope"....If you can think with this philosopy ..... I think you will get in there ...any how you make already an option that you are going to do your M.Tech from IIT ....and difinatly it is one of the best place to study at least in India.... The purpose of writting above post was to only make you aware and prepare your back-up plan .... and I think you have that

So don't be negative and just apply it with Positive mind....

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back