Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extracting audio information from HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazen21

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have project That I need to extract all the data informations from the hdmi flux.
Please I just want to know if this is possible.

By definition that is possible. Glad that we have that sorted out then. Good luck extracting the audio from the hdmi data stream! Sounds like a fun project.

Hi,

Is your HDMI stream is HDCP protected ?

Franck.

I don't really know if it's HDCP or not, the HDMI stream is from a set top box so I think it's HDCP

It is by definition possible since consumer electronics exists that does this. That answer the original question. ;)

Now the anser to the inevitable follow up question is probably going to be: "Dunno, probably a ready to go chip solution that involves paying royalty / licensing fees".

That is, if there aren't any easy to grab keys for HDCP somewhere. Wouldn't surprise me if they are there. Haven't looked because who cares. Only one google away. Okay, did said one google ... looks like indeed HDCP key has been out there for a while already. Well there you go. :p

Insert HDCP key, get creative, obtain audio stream, problem solved. Only thing required is work. ;)

I have to finish this project in 2 months, I mean seriously guys!!
ok may be with your help I'll be able to do somthing,
I found this IC "enc adv 7510 " which is probably do the encrypting process. My question is " Are they many HDCP keys" and how I'm suppose to know wich key is needed and which circuit is needed

If this is a real project project then you better give a more detailed description of the project project.

Right now it is "decode audio from hdmi stream" which is fairly generic.

Is it for fun? Is it at home? University? Can it use semi-legal constructions? Or does it have to be a real product that your boss is going to sell, yadda yadda. Different settings, different solutions and all that.

Answer: "There are at least as many hdcp keys as there are mayor silicon vendors for hdcp enabled chippies."

Further answer: google around. THe hdcp key solution BTW would fall under "semi-legal". ;-) Fine if it's for fun at home, probably less fine if it's for your work.

It's more than a real project :cry: and it's suppose to be a real product :cry::cry:
my boss wants me to decode the HDMI audio stream and display all the information in a little LCD well LCD is an easy task for me but for the HDMI I can't find any useful link on google, believe me I passed long hours on the internet searching for this subject before I come to this forum.
And there is another problem :to join the HDMI forum **broken link removed** my company must pay an annual fee to be able to use the HDMI technology.

And there is another problem :to join the HDMI forum **broken link removed** my company must pay an annual fee to be able to use the HDMI technology.

*ding* *ding* *ding*

Fun isn't it!

In that case you'll have to use some "proper" silicon. I'm not that much into this area of HDMI, but you could start with a parametric search at TI. They seemed to have a lot of HDMI related goodies last time I was looking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick look around because I was curious:

http://www.ti.com/product/tms320dm8148

That is 100% overkill for what you said you wanted, but at least they make goodies for it.

Or try: http://www.ti.com/sitesearch/docs/universalsearch.tsp?searchTerm=hdmi hdcp&linkId=1

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/DM646x_Complementary_Products

http://www.siliconimage.com/products/product.aspx?pid=111

... etc. Only a lazy search on my part, I'm sure you'll be able to find more.

Hi, thanks for your replay we find this circuit the "TDA19977A" which can decode the HDCB and can send all the audio infoframe through a pic microcontroller via
please take a look and tell me what do you think of this device. This is too good to be true!
**broken link removed**

I'll take a look at it, OOOONLY if you take a look at the STM8S family and tell me the best match for these requirements:

cost < 2.00 EUR @ 100 units

8 ADC inputs, 10-bit, 50 - 200 ksps

8 PWM outputs from hardware (no software interrupt routine crap)

PWM timer clocked by 16 MHz or higher

Or any other microcontroller that can do the same really. I just happened to be going through the STM8S series just now. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, took a quick look. And a quick look is all that's possible what without datasheet link on that page... It does match all of your given requirements. You probably should check if the audio stream standards covered are sufficient for your design. I have no idea, I only dabble in HDMI stuff and then only video.

Do you happen to have the datasheet, or is it NDA time for that chippie?

- - - Updated - - -

Answer to my own question: STM8S105C4T6.

voice #1: Why thank you mrflibble.

voice #2: You're welcome. :)

Hey Thank you so much!!
for your components I found it pretty decent but I didn't find 8 pwm output, any way I found that farnell match your price requirements
https://uk.farnell.com/stmicroelectronics/stm8s105c4t6/mcu-8bit-stm8s-16k-flash-48lqfp/dp/1706221
here is another one ATmega2560 take a look at it.
-----
This is the datasheet : https://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/NXP-TDA19977A_TDA19977B.pdf
when I was looking for suppliers to buy the TDA19977A I didn't find it, instead I found the TDA19977AHV, and I can't figure out the difference.
The choice is very critic cause only the TDA19977A can do all the HDCB

Thanks for taking a look. And I know that for the STM8S105C4T6 the price requirement is met. That's why I listed it. ;-) It meets the PWM requirements as well BTW.

Took a look at pricing of the ATmega2560, and it is waaay too expensive. ;-)

From Atmel the AT90PWM316 is more like it... but seems to be a bit on the old side (no problem in itself), but affordable dev boards are not to be found. The ATxMEGA series looks to have some of the features I'm looking for and have dev kits for it as well.

For now the STM8S105C4T6 and MSP430F5132 are the candidates.

As for the TDA19977A vs TDA19977AHV, I think it's the same chip. Just check:

**broken link removed**

Or see page 4 of the datasheet (thanks for the link BTW :) )

So the TDA19977AHV seems to be what you're looking for. :)

Thank you mrFlibble that was very helpful, good luck in your project ;) I'll keep you up to mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back