Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Agilent ADS2011 Multidimensional Datasets into Measurement Expression Functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdbodyfelt

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I keep running into a problem using Agilent's ADS2011 software, and haven't really found any explanation in the help documentation....

For a general background:
Without posting an image of my circuit (sorry, boss wants it "secret"), I am driving a DUT with an alternating V_1Tone source, and have two parameters: drive frequency and amplitude (frq, Vd). Numerically, I set these in a VarEqn block. I run a transient simulation, and have a MeasEqn block run a post-process on the DUT output voltage, something like Vo_w=vspec_trans(vout,0,frq,8). Works great and beautiful, with a nice harmonic spectrum in the Data Display.

NOW, here's the problem:
I then sweep over one of my variables, or the other, or both, using either ParameterSweep or a BatchSimulator block. Fine - it works and produces a big matrix for vout as (sweep parameter, time, vout). However, vspec_trans ONLY operates on a vector. I could go slice by slice and output the data with Vo_w = vspec_trans(vout[0,::],0,frq,8) and this works, however, this becomes ridiculous for more than 20 sweep points (I have on the order of 4000). Anyone know how I can get this to work without needing to write a seperate ael function file?! Otherwise, I'll just do an ascii dump of vout, interpolate for even-spaced dt, and run an fft in Matlab - or try to do the ael function (don't know where to begin on this)....

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back