Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Freelance Project - Digital Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000Watts

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

New to the board - been lurking for a while - but this is my first post.

I have a project and I'm looking for an individual, or small team, with extensive experience who can help me bring this project to life in a shortened timeframe.

I am a product designer, not an electronic engineer, so please forgive my misuse of technical terms, descriptions, etc. in the specification. A brief description is below and a more complete specification is attached. This is a layman's specification written by me, so again, forgive the format.

OBJECTIVE: Create a 6-channel programmable digital timer where the user can set multiple On/Off programs for each channel, based on a 24-hour day, 7-day week.

The PCB assembly will be housed in a DIN enclosure with a front face measurement of 2.8” wide by 1.75” high. For reference, the enclosure size will be the same as a standard Siemens LOGO PLC.

Features/specifications will include:

- 99 Total available programs (On/Off Schedules)

- Six separate channels

- Microcontroller-based

- Operates on source power of ~90-250VAC, with the objective that the unit can run on the North American power grid at 120VAC (One hot wire, one Neutral wire), or at 240VAC (two hot wires of different phase @ 120VAC each), or on power grids that operate at approximately 220VAC (One hot wire at 220V, one Neutral wire).

- Mechanical relay output for each channel, rated for approximately 8A @ 120V/240VAC. Preferably to use SCHRACK relay, part # V23061-A1007-A302-X113, as it has a proven reliability record.

-Non-volatile memory backup (no battery), that will store the timer’s programs during power failure, or when there is no line voltage applied to the device for an extended period of time.

-A green LED indicator for each channel that, when lit, indicates the “ON” state for that channel.

-Green backlit LCD display.

-RF Shielding - As this device will be used in locations that may have very high RFI, it should be shielded, so the shielding will be part of the design requirement.

- There will be an interface for programming the timer via computer or smartphone. (Bluetooth or USB). Hardware must be able to interface with a multi-platform application (iPhone, iPad, PC, Mac) for GUI-based programming of the timer. Programs can be uploaded, downloaded, stored, etc. from a device like an iPhone or computer. Also, through this connection method, software updates can be applied to the main logic chip.

-World-class design quality. The circuit design, board layout, and component selection must be the best and built for long-term reliability. There must be absolute precision and forethought that goes into every aspect of the design of the hardware and software.

-Successful candidate will have resources to produce quick-turn design prototypes during testing and verification process.

-Ability to specify best-in-class components, while retaining cost-practicality so that production costs are manageable.

More details are in the attached PDF file.

Reply with your thoughts and qualifications to begin discussion.

Thank you!

Jayson

Attachments

• Timer Spec.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 95

Thanks Keith - I'm in Los Angeles, USA.

Hi I can do this project in a short time. But i am in UAE Dubai. please contact me ali_farahany AT yahoo.com or pm me at edaboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.