Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PIC 18F4431 Eeprom read and write problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benikvarun

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I m currently working on a project where i am using PIC18F4431 micro controller for the motor control.
Since there are requirements to save certain parameters in the eeprom(so that i can retain parameters in case of power failure),
i had programmed as per the instructions given in the datasheet. Now, i m having a unique problem of reading and writing data onto
the chip. While the same code i have written works perfectly storing the data in eeprom n when read after power up retains the written value
in few 18F4431 ICs, and now the same code(also hex file) when burnt on the other 18f4431 IC's dont retain the values and eeprom doesnt function properly.
If there was a problem in the software then all the code/hex should not have worked for all the ICs or work on all the ICs.

Am i missing something in the config. Kindly help me over this strange issue that i m facing.
I can share the code if needed.

Thanks for reading the problem i have posed. Hope to get a faster response.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers
Varun

Hi,

Yes, you need to show your code, there are no mystical ways of writing to eeprom.

Hi,

Yes, you need to show your code, there are no mystical ways of writing to eeprom.

Thanks for the reply..i guess i solved the bug.
I was using a delay instead of waiting for WR bit... thats was really foolish of me.

Ur help is highly appreciated.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back