Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help!!! Based on SIM900, what's the difference between TCP and Http post method

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanhe

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I want to send data from SIM900 module to a webserver, but now I am confused about the TCP and HTTP AT command of SIM900. I don't know which way is the correct.

If I use TCP method, then to establish a TCP connection, AT+CIPSTART="TCP","XX.XX.XX.XX","6789" is enough, then by AT+CIPSEND, you can send a message to a TCP server.
On the other hand, if you use HTTP POST method, for example,
AT+HTTPPARA="URL","www.simcom.com"
AT+HTTPDATA=100,10000
AT+HTTPACTION=1

My question is what the difference between these two methods? Both can send data to a web server, right?

Thanks for your replies.

It seems there are little explanation and examples on this, ethanhe. I have nearly the same problem. I just needed an example of post method. sim900 manuals do not give examples and they may simple confuse any beginner like me. Did you get solution for this problem after all this time? If yes, can you help? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.