Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microsoft windows not responding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deviddiya

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a dell laptop computer with Windows 7 on it, about a year and a half old. When I turned it on this morning, the desktop came up, but nothing would open or respond. After a few minutes, a message popped up saying "the application microsoft windows is not responding." The screen then goes completely blue. It will do that every time I turn the computer on.

I am currently in safe mode, which seems to work fine. I ran a couple of antivirus programs and nothing was found. What in the world is wrong with my computer and how do I fix it?!?

If u are able to login in safe mode its not a hardware problem. Your lap is perfectly fine.

Just take the Windows 7 Bootable DVD and do a neat custom installation in the same partition where the OS files are previously existing.

All the best.

I have a dell laptop computer with Windows 7 on it, about a year and a half old. When I turned it on this morning, the desktop came up, but nothing would open or respond. After a few minutes, a message popped up saying "the application microsoft windows is not responding." The screen then goes completely blue. It will do that every time I turn the computer on.

I am currently in safe mode, which seems to work fine. I ran a couple of antivirus programs and nothing was found. What in the world is wrong with my computer and how do I fix it?!?
I have faced the problem before, but when i restart the computer, the problem was fixed. You may find some computer expert to check it.

I have that similar problem too on my computer.I brought it
to the expert and my problem was easily fix now.

That problem is often found with dell laptops..
Best thing is to reinstall your OS

rebooting is a solution all the experts do the same

"THERE IS NO EXPERT IN ANY FIELD THEY JUST DO IT IN A WAY THAT AMAZES YOU"

The best way to replaced it by Ubuntu. :)

ubuntu has its own advantage and disadvantages so turning into them is not a prime solution as of now cause you may know not all the softwares now support ubuntu os in future we may see a boom but still windows has an edge over ubuntu cos of cross platfrom nature

What prasanth is correct, re-installing the OS in any of the drives is recommendale!

You have viruses/trojans inside, change that antivirus with some good. But for now try to run explorer.exe from run command CTRL+ALT+DELETE then new task..... try to remove viruses and kill all non OS processes and services. Explorer.exe will bring back desktop shell with icons and task bar. Use msconfig utility to disable some non OS startup programs, ....

Reinstall OS, and use dicent antivirus software.

Last edited:
trojans and some special malwares have this prop as peter said earlier but his post has more clear steps to follow in trouble shooting the issue

1 mistake all do is that we dont update our Antivirus database that is also a reason for this error

corrupted how and why ?

if it is corrupted then it will not boot at all i think i am right

I'm also in the favor of rebooting go for the same.

Re install window7 or Try to install other operation system, like window-XP or visita.

Status
Not open for further replies.