Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please suggest some good material on asynch FIFO and CDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddharthakala

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please suggest some good books or material that include topics such as asynchronous FIFO depth calculation, Clock Domain Crossing, etc.

I have been spending most of my time going through a lot of material online, and some research papers including Sunburst papers on FIFOs and CDC, but none of them is as helpful. They just explain basics of CDC/FIFOs. I am looking for some textbook which covers these and other relevant advanced topics thoroughly along with examples/numerical problems and implementation.

Please suggest me if you know of any such book/materials.

Thanks a lot.

The Sunburst papers written by Peter Alkfe are really your 1st call on how exactly a FIFO works - he is after all Mr. FIFO. (He held the patents on FIFO design).
If you want to calculate how big your FIFO needs to be, you need to determine how fast data is arriving at your FIFO and how fast your data is leaving your FIFO, together with any interruptions of data in/out. The difference is how big your FIFO needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back