Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding LVS Issue about mismatching ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manochitra

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every one

In my LVS report I am getting an error as mismatched ports as follows.....

Layout(gds) - 5005 ports

Source (cdl) - 72 ports

In my design there is only 72 ports....but the report shows there is 5005 ports...what is the reason for this???
I have used a map file given in pdk document...Is there any problem in map file??? help me...

you need to work with CAD. The info you gave is very little to help. CALIBRE, ASSURA and HERCULES have a different methods of running LVS.

hi....

I am working with CALIBRE tool.....

in your report , there may be a discriptive summary .. please for any specific port copy paste the error messgages or info messages... Only then any of us can help u.

- - - Updated - - -

in your report , there may be a discriptive summary .. please for any specific port copy paste the error messgages or info messages... Only then any of us can help u.

hi....

I have attached detailed report ...

Attachments

• lvs.doc
    245.9 KB · Views: 59

As far as i could undertand the report, it clearly states that the objects that you have picked for schematic and layout is different. Moreover, it clearly states that the conectivity the routing is poor (Please dont mind). But, it very important to cross check with the schematic at early levels to avoid ending up at this stage. the report on page no "80" indicates that your MP (that is a PMOS has 5 ,pins both in schematic and layout). Well, i have never come across this 5 Legged/pins PMOS/NMOS whatever. SO kindly, have a relook at the design pick the same device/objects as you schematic. I mean it should coem from same family. If you are using mentoric station/cadence virtuoso, Kindly left click and and check the object properties. YOu will come to know the device family. Moreover naming convention is very important. I can see that you have created more ports in layout than schematic.

So, it is advisable that kindly, check you schematic once again then go for layout and make it sure you rectify shorts and open problems in early schematic stage itself. So as to avoid getting such wierd results.

Cheers.

Check it once again, it not that a big deal.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back