Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any way to report posts in the wrong forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeboraHarry

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I often notice posts in the wrong forum - there is one at the minute in the RF, microwave and optics forum about rainfall. I hit "report post", but see that is only meant for spam, bad language or similar things.

Deborah

Yes, you can contact any of the moderators via PM.

What is the url to the posts in question?

BigDog

- - - Updated - - -

I believe I found the thread to which you were referring and have moved it to an appropriate section/category.

BigDog

I believe I found the thread to which you were referring and have moved it to an appropriate section/category.

BigDog

Thank you for moving it, but another thread about rainfall has again been created in the RF, Microwav, Antennas and Optics forum. The thread is

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/255038/

It would be nice if there was a button where one could automatically report such posts, as there seems to be quite a few of them.

Deboorah

I do not have a problem with you using the "Report Post" feature to bring such threads to the moderators attention.

Feel free to use it in the future.

Thread moved to relevant section.

BigDog

I do not have a problem with you using the "Report Post" feature to bring such threads to the moderators attention.

Feel free to use it in the future.

Thread moved to relevant section.

BigDog

Perhaps you could change the wording on the "report post" to include posts in the wrong forum are permitted. It currently says it should "ONLY" be used for spam <plust some other things>, with the ONLY in capital letters, so it is a bit intimmidating for someone to report a post that way.

Deborah

Unfortunately this doesn't stop users from making useless reports like "please give the the code for ..." or "please delete my post" etc.
There are a lot of posts posted in the wrong category and althow I don't have a problem with someone reporting this it would be a problem if we got 30 reports a day about wrong section.
Usually moderators take care of posts in the wrong section and move them but there will always be a few that don't get noticed.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back